Friday, June 24, 2011

Wings, Overshadowed

From Neurotically Zen

I've been working on this painting for the last two years, I guess, but honestly, it's never really come together for me until now. Actually, it started as a lot of my paintings do, as an experiment with the media. I wanted to make a background that looked like a controlled, transparent pour onto an angled surface. Not exactly what I expected, it wasn't bad, just not how I wanted it, so I put it away for awhile, then I was in Europe for three months. By the time I returned I was so busy with the book and finishing the Finland work that I had forgotten about it.
After using black spray paint into a thin but wet medium along the top, it reminded me of a cave I explored while in Cambodia.
From Neurotically Zen

Here are same details.
From Neurotically Zen
From Neurotically Zen
From Neurotically Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment